Read about the spooky truth here of some beloved nursery rhymes
– Lyrics and what they mean:
- ~Ring Around The Rosie~ This describes the sores surrounded by red rings that are associated with the Bubonic Plague.
- ~A Pocket Full Of Posies~ This describes the ritual of placing posies in the pockets of the recently dead plague victims to decrease the smell and even people living would keep posies in their pocket because it supposedly helped with the spreading of it, but that was probably more of a superstition thing.
- ~Ashes, Ashes~ This part of the rhymn describes how they disposed of the dead people’s bodies, they would burn them to decrease the chances that the plague would be passed on by touch or contact.
- ~We All Fall Down~ Basically means we’re all going to die. It was believed that the Bubonic Plague would completely wipe out the people…
View original post 1,265 more words